March 22, 2008

Mars is covered in …table salt

I was ready to start joking now about it, but then I remembered how many books I have read in my youth with life on Mars – not to mention Bowie’s song – and I think it is so weird. After going on for so many years, over a century, that there is no life on Mars now we are coming out with oceans, table salt and who knows what else in the next few years.

Oddly most of these science fiction books were talking about a doomed civilization in its edges. But always a glorious civilization, an artistic civilization avoiding the mistakes we are doing on earth. Most likely in the end scientists will find some microbes or minor organisms but is always fascinating the aspect of life in another planet, especially when this planet is the red planet!

No comments: